Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA+) Pride Month is celebrated nationally and locally each year in June. Through our Pride month events, we affirm community values ensuring that all residents, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, are treated with respect and dignity.
Small Town Pride is a way of involving the entire community in promoting equality and celebrating diversity and acceptance. The towns of Carrboro and Chapel Hill involve local businesses, artists, volunteers and community partners. Everyone is welcome! Check out all the events coming up!
SMALL TOWN PRIDE 2022
- Proclamations of Pride Month
- Raising of Pride flags
- Chapel Hill Pride! Promenade -- 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 4 (downtown Chapel Hill)
Wear your colors. Wave your flag. Walk with Pride. This celebratory march starts at Peace & Justice Plaza, 179 E. Franklin St., and ends at 140 West Street Plaza, 140 W. Franklin St.
- Poets Open Mic Night (via zoom) -- 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 7
Celebrate Pride through your poetry with other local poets. For information, call 919-918-7364. This event is to encourage the writing, reading, and listening of poetry. Hosted by Carrboro Recreation, Parks and Cultural Resources Department. Join the zoom event at https://townofcarrboro.zoom.us/j/83552560398?pwd=R3dIa29aTzgrNWU3NGZwQWxoR0ZuZz09
- ORGULLO LATINX PRIDE -- 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 11, at Carrboro Town Commons, 301 W. Main St.
Celebrate Latinx Pride! Come out for local food trucks, drag shows, music, and crafts for the kids. This is a space to celebrate and share the diverse cultures, identities, and experiences of the local Latinx LGBTQ community. Organizers from El Centro Hispano aim to create an event that fosters unity, inclusivity, and empowerment by showcasing our community’s talents while providing social, healthcare, and advocacy resources, and family fun.
- Drag Story Times -- 3 to 4 p.m. Saturdays, June 11, 18, and 25 (locations vary)
Drag Story Times celebrates glamour, imagination, play, and gender fluidity while providing positive queer role models. Bring your kids to enjoy a fabulous hour of story time by some of the most prominent Drag royalty in the Triangle
- Pride Piper Walk -- 4:30 p.m. Friday, June 24 (Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St.)
Join local officials and the Bulltown Strutters, a New Orleans-Style Parade and Stage Band, to help roll the “Rainbow Ram” down Weaver Street from the Century Center to Town Commons for the Pride Food Truck Rodeo & Dance Party.
- Pride Food Truck Rodeo & Dance Party -- 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 24, at Carrboro Town Commons, 301 W. Main St.
There will be food, dance and frolicking on the lawn! Grab your friends, and come on out! If you interested in participating as a vendor or by setting up a table, fill out the application form at
- #SmallTownPride #CarrboroPride #ChapelHillPride #PRIDE2022
- For more information, contact email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>