- Advisory Boards & Commissions
- Climate Action Team
Climate Action Team
- The Climate Action Team typically meets on the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda I All Agendas and Minutes
The Climate Action Team consists of nine (9) members.
- Members shall be residents, business owners, or employees in the Town or extraterritorial planning jurisdiction or the Town’s joint planning transition area.
- All such members shall be interested in or have expertise relevant to the duties of the CAT.
- At least one member should have experience related to community organizing or environmental justice.
- One seat should be reserved for a Carrboro resident currently enrolled in public, private, or home school at the high school level.
Duties & Responsibilities
CAT members shall be appointed for three-year staggered terms, but members may continue to serve until their successors have been appointed. Vacancies shall be filled for the unexpired terms only.
Meetings and Officers of CAT (a) The CAT shall establish a yearly meeting schedule of the following meetings: (1) Up to four in-person meetings (2) Up to four virtual meetings, as determined by staff to plan outreach events (3) At least two community outreach events (4) Special meetings as necessary
Provide expertise and input on implementation of the Community Climate Action Plan and municipal Energy and Climate Protection Plan. CAT members will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the yearly environmental sustainability work plan and ongoing climate action initiatives as requested by staff.
- CAT members will analyze climate action initiatives with particular attention to race and equity, building on the recommendation for considering social justice and equity in the Community Climate Action Plan.
- Actively participate in the design, organization, and implementation of community outreach events. At these events, CAT members will educate and engage Carrboro residents in Town climate action initiatives.
- One of the most important duties for CAT members will be participation in the community outreach events. CAT members shall participate in at least one outreach event each calendar year.